3M™ Cubitron™ II Depressed Center Grinding Wheel is constructed of 3M precision-shaped ceramic grain to bring you an exceptionally fast-cutting and long-lasting rigid bonded wheel for heavy weld removal and other heavy-duty grinding applications. Our grinding wheel works well on almost all materials and is specially formulated for use on stainless steel, mild steel, and aerospace alloys.
We made our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Grinding Wheel to perform at a level that surpasses competitive wheels in both cut and life to deliver significant gains in productivity. Experience the power of 3M precision-shaped grain to provide a cool, extra-sharp, quick cut long after other wheels are consumed.
A grinding wheel is a rigid resin-bonded wheel that is approximately 1/4″ thick and is useful for removing welds from internal angles. Fiber discs, on the other hand, typically work best for grinding welds on flat surfaces. A grinding wheel must be run on a right angle grinder with a wheel guard that is designed specifically for the size of wheel used. Type 27 wheels have a depressed center to allow grinding at any angle without damaging the surrounding surface with the attachment. The grinding wheel must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the grinder used.
Precision-Shaped Grain Maximizes Cutting Potential
3M™ Cubitron™ II products have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Our team of 3M engineers started with 3M™ ceramic abrasive grain and used proprietary precision-shaped grain technology to maximize cutting potential. Precision-shaped grain continually fractures into super-sharp points and edges that slice cleanly through metal like a knife, rather than plowing as traditional abrasives do, ensuring extended high performance in heavy-duty production applications. The grains wear evenly and provide extra-long life and consistency with less grinding pressure. We are proud to say that Cubitron II products outcut and outlast competitive ceramic abrasives, maximizing productivity and minimizing operator fatigue.
- 3M™ Cubitron™ II grain cuts extra fast and cool and is ideal for weld removal in industrial operations
- 3M-engineered triangular shaped grain wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown, providing extra long life for wheel and tool
- Specially formulated for use on almost all materials including stainless steel, mild steel, and aerospace alloys
- Quick change attachment enables easy change-outs by hand without tools
- Wheel must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the power tool used and must be used with a properly sized wheel guard